This is for Liquid Dish Soap made to hand wash your dishes and not for a dishwasher. If you would like a Dishwasher Detergent Soap see Homemade Powder Dishwasher Detergent & Rinse Aid.
You don’t normal use zote soap so my apologize for having it in the picture. You do how ever used Castile, Ivory or homemade soap in the mix.
What you need to make you own Homemade Liquid Dish soap:
- 1 3/4 cup Boiling water
- 1 TBSP Borax
- 1 TBSP of grated bar soap (ivory, castile bar soap or homemade bar soap
- ½ cup of water
- optional: 15-20 drops of essential oil
How to make Liquid Dish Soap:
- Boil water.
- Mix borax and soap together in a medium bowl.
- Pour Hot water in the mix.
- Whisk until soap is completely melted.
- Allow to cool for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer into a squirt bottle.
- Option: add essential oil.
- Shake before use.
DIY Natural has a video tutorial on this recipe.
If you want to make more Homemade Household Cleaning Products look below for links to other cleaning products.
What products did I end up liking and making into the booklet?
- Homemade Powder Laundry Soap
- Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap
- Homemade Laundry Softener and Dryer Sheets
- Homemade Wool Dryer Balls
- Homemade Anti-bacterial Spray
- Homemade All Purpose Cleaner
- Homemade Grease Cutter
- Homemade Bathroom Cleaner
- Homemade Powder Dish Detergent and Rinse Aid
- Homemade Disk Deodorants
- Turning Baking Soda into Washing Soda
I also put pages about essential oils, where to buy the products and about the cost of them and the tutorials from the original websites.