These are great for in trash cans, diaper pails, bathrooms etc!
My daughter helped me make these, she was so excited.
A few notes about trying this for me. In the directions it states 1-2 cups of distilled water. I used one cup and it was to much but ½ cup was not enough so I had to make more to balance it out. Definitely go little by little. Also mine crumbled easily. I wanted to use cupcake liners so it was easy to get out on the muffin pan but I couldn’t find them in my cupboard. I think if I had the liners they wouldn’t have crumbled so easy. That is why I left one crumbled in the photo. I actually broke about 5 out of 9. The great thing is it can be used in the laundry so I put they crumbled ones in a baggy to use later.
What is needed:
- 2 cups Baking soda
- 1-2 cups Distilled or boiled water
- 3-4 drops of Essential oil (citric)
- Muffin or silicone mold (I used a muffin pan)
- Add 3-4 drops of essential oil to ½ cup of water.
- Pour baking soda in a bowl and add water to slowly. Mix well
- Keep adding water until you have a thick paste.
- Pour them in the pan about half to three-fours the way.
- Let it dry completely. This can take 24-48 hours depending on season and where you live.
- Pop them out and put them where you need them.
- Change the every month. You can used the old ones even in the laundry as well.
Not sure when you put them out? Put them out on the same date every time so it is easy to remember or if you use the liners write the date on them.
I put my in a container with a lid so the ones I am not using don’t lose their smell.
Like the labels? You can download them below. Let me know how you liked them as well.
What products did I end up liking and making into the booklet?
- Homemade Powder Laundry Soap
- Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap
- Homemade Laundry Softener and Dryer Sheets
- Homemade Wool Dryer Balls
- Homemade Anti-bacterial Spray
- Homemade All Purpose Cleaner
- Homemade Grease Cutter
- Homemade Bathroom Cleaner
- Homemade Powder Dish Detergent and Rinse Aid
- Homemade Liquid Dish Soap
- Turning Baking Soda into Washing Soda
I also put pages about essential oils, where to buy the products and about the cost of them and the tutorials from the original websites.
This recipe came from One Good Thing by Jillee she did a great step by step tutorial.