Baby Showers are always fun. It has been a long time since I had little ones but I still remember all the things I loved the most. So I started searching for the “new things” that are out there. I came across a couple of things that I was like “that is awesome!” Only able to purchase online I don’t have time to wait for the delivery. So I decide to make it myself. Now if you can’t sew or just want to buy it yourself. Here is the link http://www.comfy-cradle.com/.
What you need:
- 3/4 yard of fabric(cotton or baby flannel)
- 1/2 – 3/4 yard of 2″ thick batting(I used a 1/4″ thick quilt batting and just rolled it until it was 2″ thick)
- 3/4″ – 1″ Velcro at 9″ long
I used the dimensions of 19″x 9″ for fabric and 14″x 9″ for batting(after making this I had my husband try it and he said it was tight for him. So I would add maybe another 2″ to the length for more room.)
- Center the Velcro to one of the bottom pieces(the 9″ side) Sew the Velcro leaving about 1/2-3/4″ on each side including the top.
- Match right sides together and sew 3/8″ seam on all the sides except for about a 4″ opening on the opposite side that you sewed the Velcro on.
- Now match the batting from the bottom side(the side with the Velcro) going up. You should have about a 2″ section with no batting on top area(the top is where your opening is at.)
- Turn right side out.
- Pin and sew the hole closed.
- Now, Get the other side of the Velcro and center it at the top on the opposite side of the other Velcro(so you should have a Velcro strip on each side of the fabric).
- Lastly, Sew down the center of the sleeve to help the batting stay in place.
This is great because I remember having a Boppy and I very rarely used it. And It was hard to travel with it because it was so bulking. This reminded me of a water wing. I am sure you can use it as a pillow or something as well when not rolled up. Total cost about $20 and was able to make 2 of them.